The Energy Regulation Board (ERB), on behalf of the Ministry of Energy, hereby invites all the Zambian electricity supply industry (ESI) stakeholders and the general public to participate in the process of developing the Net-Metering (NEM) Regulations for the country by way of proposing amendments or comments to the current draft NEM Regulations. Full details are provided in section 1 and 2 as follows:
- PROCESS FOR SUBMITTING COMMENTS OR PROPOSING AMENDMENTS
Stakeholders wishing to respond to the consultation should follow the four steps below:
Register as a respondent by emailing to the ERB the following message: “[Name of your institution or personal name] would like to participate in the consultation process for developing the Net Metering Regulations”.
- Email the message to:
email@example.com and mark a copy to:
- Email the message as soon as you decide to participate in the consultation process
- In your message, include your contact mobile phone number;
- We are asking stakeholders to register and provide contact details so that if we need to explore your comment or proposal further, we can contact you.
Download the draft Net Metering Regulations and the Response Form.
- The draft Net Metering Regulations can be downloaded here: Download (300kB, pdf);
- The Response Form can be downloaded here: Download (50kB, word).
Then, respond to the consultation as described in Step 3 and Step 4 below.
Please fill your comments or proposed amendments in the Response Form that you downloaded in Step 2.
- The following is a quick guide on how you could use the Response Form to provide your comments:
- In the first column of the Response Form, identify the section of the draft Net Metering Regulation where you have a comment or proposal;
- In the second column, note the words which you wish to comment on;
- Then, if for example, you have correction words or a preferred specification, please insert these in the third column;
- Finally, in the fourth column:
- Give reason for your proposed amendment; and/or
- Describe the issue. If the matter is a minor typographical, punctuation or spelling issue; just use “T”, otherwise explain why you think your words or proposed specifications are better. If you do not want to suggest words, or have a totally new suggestion, leave column 3 blank and simply explain the issue in the fourth column.
After you complete filling up the Response Form with all your comments or proposed amendments, submit the Form as follows:
- Send, to be received no later than 17:00 hours CAT on Wednesday 14th September 2022, an officially signed copy of your filled up Response Form to the following ERB office-bearer and postal address:
The Director – Technical Regulation,
Energy Regulation Board,
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road, Off Alick Nkhata Road,
P.O. Box 37631,
Lusaka – 10101.
- Email, no later than 17:00 hours CAT on Wednesday 14th September 2022, your filled up copy of the Response Form to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to:
The ERB will reply to all stakeholders who will respond, indicating where changes would have been made to the draft Net Metering Regulations.
- Consultation Opens on Wednesday 17th August 2022.
- Consultation Closes on Wednesday 14th September 2022.
- An online open session will be held on Wednesday 14th September 2022. The ERB will host this three-hour (from 09:30 hours to 12:30 hours) online session with the respondents to briefly discuss submissions that may be open to debate.